ABOUT WILD THRING MEDIA
Wild Thring Media was established in 2012 by Edwina Thring, a former head of sales and then vice president of programming and acquisitions for National Geographic Television International. In this latter role she established National Geographic Studios’ international co-production business, working on major titles such as The Lost Gospel of Judas and Six Degrees That Changed the World, and also successfully grew from scratch a third party catalogue, representing hundreds of hours from independent producers all over the world. Prior to her 14 years at NGTI working closely with producers and arranging co-production finance, Edwina was a producer, working predominantly in factual entertainment.
Edwina is an established and respected international factual content executive and is regularly invited to participate in, or chair panels at, industry events. To date she has joined panels at AIDC, Wildscreen, Wild Talk and is a regular at MIPDoc.
How We Work
- We attend key markets and are in regular contact with factual commissioners and buyers to ensure we know just what is wanted or needed in the marketplace – and when.
- We work closely with producers and talent to understand them, their ideas and where they want their business to be.
- We use our extensive experience to help shape an idea and then work with clients all the way from pitching, through to screening rough cuts and managing delivery, checking that content keeps on track with what was promised and ensuring broadcasters are delivered what was expected.
- We make money when you do, so it’s in our interest to raise as much finance as possible to get your shows made. However, we will always ensure that the deal is not just good financially; it has to be the right broadcast partner for your content, so that it receives the audience and support that it deserves.
- We have an established and experienced sales team that covers co-productions, and pre-sales but we are also expert at selling completed programmes to international broadcasters. If you have a back catalogue that needs exploiting, we can also be very creative in releasing value.
- In addition to strategizing about your content pipeline and its finances, we can also help with your general business development strategy, the exploitation of new ideas and new revenue streams, and help ensure you are positioned for growth.
- We are passionate about factual content and want to work with like-minded people who will see us as part of their team. Our boutique approach means we can’t work with everyone but if you have great ideas, an open mind and enthusiasm and passion to match ours, we’d love to hear from you.
Edwina has quickly become one of the team at WildBear Entertainment, helping us to grow our domestic and international business. She’s got great contacts, is an impressive negotiator and gives us invaluable creative advice during development and production. She’s also terrific fun to work with.
Michael Tear, CEO at Wildbear Entertainment